Hospitals can be scary places. No one likes going to the doctor, but for the most part, they do a great job keeping people happy and healthy. However, sometimes things don’t go so well. Mistakes happen and medical malpractice takes place. You may be wondering if you need a lawyer. When do you need a medical malpractice attorney? Heller, Trakhtman & Associates can help you figure that out.
Should You Seek an Attorney For Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice is increasingly common, and there are often cases where a judgment was warranted but the patient never sought compensation or damages. In the medical field, mistakes are going to happen, just as they would in any other field.
However, when it comes to medicine, these mistakes can cause lasting damage, and often the impacts may be unclear at the time that the mistake happened. You don’t pursue medical malpractice to punish anyone, but rather to protect yourself and ensure that you are not paying for someone else’s mistake, or at least not paying any more than you have to.
The medical field is filled with large corporations. Make no mistake, you are the little guy or gal in this situation. When something does go wrong, these corporations may talk fast in hopes that you ignore the issue or even settle for less than you should be entitled to. If you are the victim of medical malpractice, get a skilled medical malpractice lawyer such as those at Heller, Trakhtman & Associates.
Common Reasons People Seek a Medical Malpractice Attorney
There are a few circumstances under which you should consider seeking the help of a medical malpractice attorney. Here are the common medical mistakes that people seek damages for:
- Infection at the Hospital—If you are in a hospital or a doctor’s care and you catch an infection, this may be the result of medical malpractice. Many people expect to get sick when they spend too much time in a medical setting. However, you shouldn’t be subjected to potentially lethal infections when you are seeking medical help.
- Improper Anesthsia—There is no doubt that anesthesia is a difficult thing to administer properly, but getting it administered improperly can be horrifying.
- Wrong Prescriptions—This happens all the time, especially when you are in a hospital’s care. They administer your prescriptions for you, sometimes even intravenously.
- Injured During Surgery—Surgeries come with a risk, but some risks shouldn’t be your concern. Doctors could operate in the wrong area, leave things behind, or do things without care.
- Bad Daignosis—An improper diagnosis can give rise to further complications and extended pain and suffering.
- Patient Uninformed—The police have their Miranda rights, and doctors have something similar too. Except under very specific circumstances, if you were not properly informed of risks or the consequences of medical action, you could be entitled to a medical malpractice settlement.
Medical Malpractice Lawyer Near Chicago
Heller, Trakhtman & Associates has a long history and many years of experience serving the Chicago area. We have helped numerous victims of medical malpractice get the benefits and compensation that they deserve. Not sure if you need a lawyer? Not sure if medical malpractice has taken place? Please reach out to us for a free consultation today!
Nothing posted on this website is intended, nor should be construed, as legal advice. Blog postings and site content are available for general education purposes only.